The UK Government has published proposals to ban 'gay conversion therapy'.
Should such a law be welcomed by churches as a protection for LGBT+ people, or a cause for concern at the potential criminalisation of prayer?
Peter Lynas of the UK Evangelical Alliance and Jayne Ozanne of the Ban Conversion Therapy coalition debate the proposed legislation.
For the Government consultation: https://equalityhub.citizenspace.com/government-equalities-office/banning-conversion-therapy
For the Evangelical Alliance: https://www.eauk.org/what-we-do/public-policy/ending-conversion-therapy
For Ban Conversion Therapy coalition: https://www.banconversiontherapy.com
Jayne Ozanne in Premier Christianity: https://www.premierchristianity.com/interviews/jayne-ozanne-the-christian-campaigner-explains-why-she-wants-to-ban-hate-prayer/5807.article
Peter Lynas in Premier Christianity: https://www.premierchristianity.com/opinion/whats-the-problem-with-banning-conversion-therapy/5822.article
**This show covers sensitive issues regarding the pastoral care of LGBT people in the church. Discretion is also advised in engaging with the responses to this post. Differing points of view are welcome, but we request that all comments remain polite and respectful.**
For exclusive resources and to support us:
• Confident Christianity apologetics course: http://www.premier.org.uk/getconfident
• Support (USA): http://www.premierinsight.org/unbelievableshow
• Support (rest of the world): https://my.premier.org.uk/donate/donate-unbelievable-2021
• For our newsletter https://www.premier.org.uk/Unbelievablenewsletter
• For our blog: http://www.premierinsight.org/unbelievable-the-blog
• For the podcast: http://www.premierchristianradio.com/Shows/Saturday/Unbelievable
• Facebook https://www.facebook.com/PremierUnbelievable
• Twitter https://twitter.com/unbelievablejb